If you were a registered student pursuing a UC Berkeley degree at some prior point and would like to return, you need to be readmitted or approved for re-enrollment.

Undergraduate students who left the University and were absent for one or more semesters must apply for readmission.

Graduate students who were absent from the University for one or more semesters or were on Filing Fee status but did not file their dissertation must apply for re-enrollment.

Readmission and re-enrollment is not guaranteed.  The decision ultimately rests with your college, school or the Graduate Division, each of which has different expectations, deadlines, and requirements. Please consult your college, school, or the Graduate Division for detailed information.

All holds, besides those placed by Financial Aid, must be cleared from your account before your request for readmission/re-enrollment will be processed.

Note: Your college, school or the Graduate Division may take weeks to adjudicate your application.  The Office of the Registrar processes approved applications within 3–5 business days after receipt from the colleges, schools and Graduate Division.

Students interested in applying for financial aid can prepare in advance by reviewing the eligibility page, the Financial Aid Checklist page, and the Estimate your Aid page.

If you are an F-1/J-1 visa International Student seeking entry to the U.S. after your readmission has been processed by the Office of the Registrar, please access the Non-Immigrant Information (NIF) task in your Cal Central dashboard to request an I-20/DS-2019. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Berkeley International Office for assistance.

How Do I…?